Thursday, December 18, 2014

Great idea from Nicole King - Lists of Women Speakers - more examples wanted

Just been pointed to this compilation from Nicole King (a brilliant professor at Berkeley): Lists of Women Speakers | The King Lab.

She has put together a collection of a few links:
As a resource for those who are interested in increasing the number of female speakers at their scientific conferences, seminar series, etc., I offer here a compendium of female speakers from diverse fields.  I've started with lists that I could find easily, but if you know of additional lists, please feel free to send along the links.  I would also be happy to maintain similar lists for underrepresented minorities if any such lists exist. 
These are the lists she maintained:

General
Field-specific lists
Are people aware of any other relevant lists like this?  Please share I will compile ...




Some responses from Twitter






1 comment:

  1. I've parked ecoevowomen.wordpress.com with the goal of making something like Anne's list for ecology and evolution, but I haven't had a chance to do anything with the site/list yet.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...